The Urban Alliance on Race Relations is proud to join The Mandela Legacy Committee in launching of the Spirit of Mandela Freedom Walk. This commemorative occasion will take place Saturday June 20th, 2015 from 11:00am-4:00pm. Together, we will honour the legacy of Madiba by walking the newly named Nelson Mandela Boulevard (formerly University Avenue) from Front Street to Queen’s Park. Please do join us for this historic celebration. For more information, please visit http://www.mandelacanada.com. The UARR will also post details of the Freedom Walk as the event develops.
Below are photos from today’s launch at City Hall. From Qunu to Nelson Mandela Boulevard, the legacy of Madiba’s long walk remains now a part of our visual history.
- Ceremonial Street Dedication in Honour of Nelson Mandela
- UARR Letter Supporting the Ceremonial Street Dedication of University Avenue in Honour of Nelson Mandela
- Freedom Walk Launch Remarks by Lloyd McKell, Chair
- Mandela Freedom Walk in TO | Mandela Freedom Walk
- Toronto to honour Nelson Mandela by dedicating portion of University Avenue
- Mandela Freedom Walk Will Mark 25th Anniversary of Mandela’s Visit
- Mandela Freedom Walk to Celebrate Mandela’s Ideals
- City Council Approves Nelson Mandela Boulevard